Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winners are grinners


Last weekend the Australian Society of Travel Writers had its AGM, travel awards night and conference. And what a weekend it was too. So much to talk about, so much to learn, the seminars at conference were brilliant and the speakers included author Robert Dessaix and Tony and Maureen Wheeler founders of Lonely Planet publications. It as quite a weekend for yours truly to. I was elected as president of the ASTW, to serve a year – quite a responsibility but the society has a brilliant membership so with a little help from my friends . . .
Also I was awarded Travel Editor of the Year - kudos for not on only me but for the magazine. Being editor of a travel magazine is a fabulous job, and it takes a lot of energy to keep up the good work, entice our readers to travel and generally engage with them o they feel some ownership with the magazine.
As editor of Get Up & Go it is my pleasure to accept this award on behalf of my own hard work, and my publisher, staff and the readers - what stars! All of us!
Pictures: Moi and Glyn May, public relations representative for Star Clippers - those divine sailing ships. And that was my prize - not Glyn – but a cruise in the Mediterranean!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A well deserved acknowledgement. Look forward to hearing about the Mediterranean if not, sadly, Glyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll done Bev! A well deserved honor and what an exciting night! Reading your posts above, you've been so busy this year! :) well done juggling everything!

    ReplyDelete