Tuesday, November 2, 2010
USA's worst airlines?
According to a US News & World Report, Delta Airlines came last in a customer satisfaction report.
* It was first in delays and customer complaints among major airlines.
* United Airlines came a close second, with surveys reserving particular scorn for its 'meals and rude flight attendants'.
* Third worst was Alaska Airlines, which earned its poor ranking due to a 'high number of mishandled baggage reports'. The airline lost roughly four bags for every 1000 customers last year. But airline was noted for its excellent on-time performance.
* American Airlines landed in fourth place, not so much for its own performance, but that of subsidiary American Eagle, which drove its overall numbers down, the survey said.
* US Airways ranked fifth after improving its scores for overall customer satisfaction compared to 2009.
On the opposite end of the spectrum was Hawaiian Airlines, which ranked best in customer satisfaction for its near-perfect on-time performance. AirTran was ranked second best, followed by JetBlue.
(Cartoon of the day: Where astronauts hang out after work.)