Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Westin's decade of delights


I have happy memories of wonderful nights spent at The Westin Melbourne. When it opened - yes - it was 10 years ago - I refused to leave my room as I had become so attached to the pillows supplied. Another time after foolishly inviting me to try the 'Heavenly Beds', there was another sit-in - make that not leaving the bed for anyone siege situation. I might be known as a troublemaker but as a more than satisfied guest - what do they expect?
Bringing Westin innovation and style to Melbourne now for 10 years, The Westin Melbourne has sold more than 1000 Heavenly Beds to guests; it displays a permanent art collection; and is now ready to 'refresh' the 262 rooms at a cost of $5.5 million.
The Westin Melbourne is offering a 10th Birthday Celebration package as well as special elements to add to your stay for $10. Package rates per room per night start at $315, guests can select an upgrade; an extra late 2pm check out; a pair of Heavenly bath towels to take home; 1000 bonus Starwood Preferred Guest points or 24 hour Internet access for only an additional $10 each.
if you haven't stayed at this lovely hotel give yourself a treat and enjoy a special weekend away in Melbourne. I would love to go back again, but they haven't forgiven me for stealing the King size mattress - they found me stuck in a lift with it!
More on The Westin Melbourne's 10th Birthday at www.westin.com.au/melbourne

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up, Bev. Am house-hunting in Melbourne as we speak. Wonder if they do a long-term resident rate...you could come over visit me and I'd be the one sitting in the foyer watching the soaps in my dressing gown and thick socks with a cuppa and a fag ;) Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome back to The Westin Melbourne any time Bev! I'm sure you'll love the newly "refreshed rooms", looking very stylish. Wouldn't we all love a $5.5mil facelift for important birthdays? Susan Wright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan, I promise to behave. Have a happy birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete