Sunday, November 8, 2009

20 years on . . .


Do you remember when the Berlin Wall came down? It was 20 years ago today. I remember how thrilling it was and very emotional watching the drama unfold on TV. All those years and such a short time to crack the formidable facade. I spent quite a lot of time in Berlin during the early 80s and was obsessed with the 'other side' and would go through Checkpoint Charlie at least once a week. I haven't been back to Berlin since the wall came tumbling down but I do remember Berlin as a dark and sexy kind of city in the 80s. They were the days!
Another wall closer to home is this one (pictured), of a wall of glass in the park opposite Lake Wendouree (very empty lake) in Victoria's Ballarat. I just love this picture - the contrast and the colour of the rainy day.Have an excellent week and let me know where you were when the wall came down. Visit: www.ballarat.com and www.melbourneandsurrounds.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment