Thursday, August 20, 2009

Very fishy indeed

Just arrived in steamy, busy, noisy fabulous Bangkok. At 8 o'clock at night the streets are packed with people eating at street tables (doesn't anyone cook at home anymore?), music blaring from boomboxes and the traffic's crazy - where are all the cement trucks going to?
Walked past a massage place with a difference - a fish massage. A friend and I couldn't wait to try it. We sat at the back of a long tank teaming with Gara fish (the manager said they come from japan) and the plan was to have all those slippery little suckers eat our flesh clean. It was awful, tickly and nippy, I couldn't keep my feet still long enough for the fish to gather and stick to me. It was $6 for 15 minutes but I could only do about 10 minutes of the torture - too ticklish and too cannibalistic . . .first three hours in Thailand - what will the next week or so offer? Can't wait,

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm not sure I could stand having fish eat the dead flesh off my feet for very long either! Could it be called a FISHAGE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fishy indeed, Beverley!!! Lucky they weren't pirahnas!!

    ReplyDelete