Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travel like crazy

Mulling over the latest edition of Get Up and Go magazine I fondly remember the places I have written about. Cruising down the Murray River on a paddleboat was a thrill and I had never visited that part of the country before. It does us all good, I think, to venture out of our comfort zones. Travelling is an eye-opener and as we go our merry way our eyes should be opened to what's happening around us. I hadn't experienced the breadth of a drought in my vision before and talking to the local people about how their lives were changing. People who made a living working on boats had to find something new because of lack of water - no water, nobody taking the boats out.
This is my first blog on behalf of Get Up and Go magazine, so it's a bit of trial and hopefully not error as I convey what's going on in my life on the magazine to the magazine's readers. I'm off to Scotland next week so will be 'blogging' along the way. I would love to hear from you.
Regards
Bev


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to some cyber postcards from sunny Scotland!

    ReplyDelete